• The meeting convened at 6:30 pm. The Treasurer presented his report.
• Richard Lee reported on the MS-Bike Ride and asked for a few more operators.
• President Thomas appointed Ray Sturch, Bruce Raymond, Joel Emmett, and Robert Frye to the 2020 nominating committee.
• President Thomas reported on the new AREDN nodes installed on the new 911 tower at Robertsdale.
• President Thomas reported the logging software owned by the club had been upgraded for a small fee.
• Joel Emmett gave a short presentation on the Alabama QSO Party. Joel's presentation is linked here.
• President Thomas showed his "GO BOX" that was used at the QSO party and reported on the upcoming October 19th Jamboree on the Air.
• Bill Dionne did a program on magnetism and promised one on gravity!
VE coordinator Rich Lee reported that 6 applicants all passed exams producing 5 new Techs and 1 General upgrade. Rich thanked the 9 VE volunteers who assisted him.
We had a moderately attended September meeting. The presentations and new information were great but can only be appreciated in person. I encourage all to come for the October meeting.
The club's new policy is to publish the minutes on the website well in advance of the next meeting in lieu of reading them during the meeting. The minutes also include more details on club business than the Kerchunker. Please go to the Meeting Page to view current and past meeting minutes.
See you all next month.
monthly by email and on the web at
copyright 2019 - Baldwin County Amateur Radio Club
P.O. Box 491 - Robertsdale, AL. 36567
Editor: Emery Wooten - KC5LIO