• The meeting convened at 6:33 pm. Vice President McIntosh started the meeting for delayed President Couch.
• Treasurer Richard Lee presented the 2019-2020 finance report with a summary of last year's budget performance.
• New President Jere Couch arrived, welcomed all present, and introduced himself with some background and biographical information.
• President Couch then asked all members to email him ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) and introduce themselves including their particular interests in amateur radio and suggestions for the club.
• President Couch presented his 2020 budget proposal which was approved by the membership.
• Bruce Raymond and Joel Emmett were appointed for the 2020 audit committee.
• Don Newberry gave an interesting and excellent presentation on EME (Earth Moon Earth) communication and his efforts in the field.
VE Coordinator Joel Emmett reported that all three examinees passed exams in January resulting in new Tech, General, and Extra class tickets! Joel also thanked the group of examiners that assisted with the test session. Many thanks to Joel and the VE team for keeping our membership growing. This is an important part of ham radio that requires time and dedication.
We had an exceptionally well attended January meeting with 5 guests, most regular, and few less regular members in attendance. The presentation and new information were great but can only be appreciated in person. I have heard of moon bounce communications for decades but never realized it was so involved.
The club's policy is to publish the last meeting minutes on the website well in advance of the next meeting. This saves time at the meetings and gives members a chance to analyze and discuss any items at the meeting. The minutes also include more details on club business than is possible in the Kerchunker. Please go to the Meeting Page to view current and past meeting minutes.
monthly by email and on the web at www.n4mz.com
copyright 2019 - Baldwin County Amateur Radio Club
P.O. Box 491 - Robertsdale, AL. 36567
Editor: Emery Wooten - KC5LIO