April - 2021
• The meeting convened at 6:35 pm. Treasurer Rich Lee presented his report.
• Secretary Joe Pillitary was absent so Joe McIntosh presented a summary of events since meetings were suspendend due to Covid-19 last year.
• TERD and license testing is still awaiting the opening of the Daphne Library. Restarting those meetings remain TBA.
• The 2020 audit was scratched because 2020 didn't happen.
• The 2021 budget has not been finalized. That will likely be presented at the May meeting.
• Summer Field day is in the works! Joe McIntosh is trying to get it organized and details will become more clear in May.
• Bruce Raymond did a presentation on oscilloscopes. Very interesting!
There was no VE testing report but we are getting things back on track. There was a get well card passed around for a club member and the adjusted $10.00 annual dues for 2021 were collected. If you missed April plan to attend in May!
Folks I enjoyed having a new meeting after the 13 month layoff. I counted 22 people in attendance including a couple of new people interested in the hobby. I suspect that all will be back to normal in the next couple of months and we will loving ham radio on the gulf coast again! I have updated the website with available information and hope to have it fully current when we get the 2021 roster completed and VEC testing resumes. You might note the site is now https: functional as I have installed free letsencrypt certificates. This should help with Google rankings since the Internet world almost demands secure connections now.
I also want to follow up on something that was mentioned at the meeting in a question to Joe McIntosh and Rich Lee about the Amazon Smile program in which we are participating. I encourage all members to install the web browser add-on extensions that will automatically take you to smile.amazon.com when you click any link to a product offered on Amazon or just when you normally shop on the site. With the introduction of the new Edge Chromium browser from Microsoft this even works on Edge! On Edge turn on the option that allows extensions from other stores. This is very easy to install and does not interfere with your browsing in any way.
The club's policy is to publish the last meeting minutes on the website well in advance of the next meeting. This saves time at the meetings and gives members a chance to analyze and discuss any items at the meeting. The minutes also include more details on club business than is possible in the Kerchunker. Please go to the Meeting Page to view current and past meeting minutes.
monthly by email and on the web at www.n4mz.com
copyright 2019 - Baldwin County Amateur Radio Club
P.O. Box 491 - Robertsdale, AL. 36567
Editor: Emery Wooten - KC5LIO