February - 2024
• President Gregg Powers, rang the meeting to order at 6:30PM with a cowbell and noted the previous meeting minutes were posted on the website.
• Treasurer Tom Wallace collected 2024 dues. If you haven't paid in 2024 you can pay by mail using $15 cash or check. See the Join Us page for more info.
• Treasurer Tom Wallace presented the Treasurer's report.
• President Powers reported the price of signage we were considering in old business.
• In new business, the 2024 budget proposal was presented and discussed. Some new developments on possible equipment purchases along with other line item discussions prompted a motion to table the approval of the budget until next month. The motion passed.
• Ken Bell did a presentation on our Winter Field Day. Ken's presentation (in pdf format) is available HERE. Also note the WALA video from the event on the home page.
• Ken Bell also did a presentation and demonstration of Winlink Express software and an adapter to use with a Baofeng handheld radio.
VEC Coordinator Joel Emmett noted that he still has two slots open for the March 2nd test session. Please see the home page for VE testing information and Joel's contact info. Also on the VE front, Ron Thomas reminded the group that the Westminster Village club will hold its first test session of 2024 on February 17th with a testing capacity of around 6 applicants. Currently Ron has 2 applicants scheduled to test. Ron's contact information can also be found on the home page.
I counted 42+ in attendance on this late winter night. I noticed several people paying their dues and had a brief conversation with Tom Wallace about membership. I think we are approaching 60 paid members which is as large as I can ever recall the club being. It is great to see the club growing and the attendance solid! I hope to see you all next month as there is no telling what will be on the agenda.
The club's policy is to publish the last meeting minutes on the website well in advance of the next meeting. This saves time at the meetings and gives members a chance to analyze and discuss any items at the meeting. The minutes also include more details on club business than is possible in the Kerchunker. Please go to the Meetings Page to view current and past meeting minutes.
monthly on the web at www.n4mz.com
copyright 2007 Baldwin County Amateur Radio Club
P.O. Box 491 - Robertsdale, AL. 36567
Editor: Emery Wooten - KC5LIO