April - 2022
• President Joe McIntosh called the meeting to order at 6:37 pm and noted the March minutes were posted on the website.
• Treasurer Tom Wallace presented the Treasurer's report.
• Joe McIntosh welcomed: Joe Guthery - KN4CCW and Tim Morgan - WE5TM the Mobile, AL. SkyWarn Coordinators.
• Joe McIntosh mentioned that we were going to try to again reserve the Boy Scout camp in Silverhill for Field Day this year.
• Joe McIntosh also noted that Ken Bell is still seeking new ARES members. Feel free to contact Ken via the contact form if you are interested in the Amateur Radio Emergency Service and also visit the Facebook group for our club. Check out the link from our home page!
• Joel Emmett reported on club member activities for the Parks on the Air event which was held at Meaher State park.
• Tim Morgan - WE5TM noted the upcoming Museum Ships event and invited any interested to help out as an operator on the USS Alabama during the first weekend in June.
• Christine Ryan read a thank-you letter to BCARC from the Daphne Public Library for a donation of $200 (dated 11-21-2021). The club continues to use a meeting room at the library for its VE Testing and TERD meetings.
• Joe Guthery - KN4CCW and Tim Morgan - WE5TM presented an excellent program on Mobile's SkyWarn group and encouraged BCARC members to get involved.
There was no recent VE test session to report. VE Coordinator Joel Emmett noted that he only has two open slots for the upcoming May 7th exam session. If you want to take an exam contact Joel via the links on the home page of our site.
Our condolences also go out to club member Rich Lee who's wife recently passed away. Rich was in Texas this week handling those family matters.
We had a good early spring meeting with 28 in attendance. The SkyWarn presentation by Joe & Tim was very interesting and educational. Perhaps they can stir up some interest by some of our club members who wish to get involved. About 20 years ago I was involved with SkyWarn up near the Mississippi State University area and chased a few storms. Ask me about the time I witnessed ball lightning! No I was not drinking on the job... Anyway, it appears that SkyWarn is still going strong and has become more advanced than it was back in the olden days. I hope to see all of you next month!
The club's policy is to publish the last meeting minutes on the website well in advance of the next meeting. This saves time at the meetings and gives members a chance to analyze and discuss any items at the meeting. The minutes also include more details on club business than is possible in the Kerchunker. Please go to the Meetings Page to view current and past meeting minutes.
monthly by email and on the web at www.n4mz.com
copyright 2007 Baldwin County Amateur Radio Club
P.O. Box 491 - Robertsdale, AL. 36567
Editor: Emery Wooten - KC5LIO